The Volume offer type provides tiered prices for products and collections based on quantities added to the customer's cart.
There are three main configuration options to set up a Volume offer.
Details: The details are the first criteria that determine if the offer will be activated. You can set the product to purchase or the collection to purchase from that will trigger the offer. You can choose both individual products, multiple products, individual collections, multiple collections, or a mix of each.
Price Tiers: This is the second criteria that determine the tiers of the Volume offer. You can set the quantity of how many products will be needed to meet each tier as well as the discount for each tier.
There are three types of discount types available for Volume offers and are Per product variant, Per product and Per entire product selection.
- Per product variant: This discount type checks each variant of a product against the volume tiers. For example, if a customer purchases 4 different variants from 1 product, it will count as 3 for the volume tiers.
- Per product: This discount type checks products rather than variants against the volume tiers. For example, if a customer purchases 3 variants from product X and 2 variants from product Y, it will only count as 2 for the volume tiers.
- Per entire product selection: This discount type checks both products and variants against the volume tiers. For example, if a customer purchases 3 different variants from the same product and 2 additional products, it will count as 5 for the volume tiers.
The message section is where you’ll set how the notifications appear on your store.
Product Page Message
The product page message is what your customers will first see when viewing a product or collection that is attached to your Volume offer. Appearing, unless customized, at the top of the page, the product page message informs your customers if the product or collection they’re viewing has any offers attached.
- Buy 1 more product X and receive an additional 10% off!
- Purchase 1 more product from collection X and receive 5% off.
Cart Line Message
The cart line message is what your customers will see under each product while viewing their cart if there's an attached Volume offer.
- Buy 1 more to get an additional 20% off!
- You've purchased product X. Purchase 2 more to receive $5 off.
The success message is the third notification your customers will see. After your customer completes the criteria for the Volume offer by adding the highest price tier to their cart, they’ll be presented with the success message.