The Goal offer is ideal if you would like your customers to spend a particular amount on specific product or collections in order to offer a discount on those products.
To configure this offer, you will first set the Spend Goal dollar amount, choose the products or collections that it applies to, and then set the discount that your customer will be rewarded with on those products or collections.
We’ll break down those steps in further detail so keep reading! In our examples below, we are setting up an offer where we want the following to be true:
- Customers must add at least $200 worth of products to the cart to activate the Goal;
- The products must be from the “Skirts” collection;
- They will then be rewarded with 20% off of those products. (Again, these are our examples.)
Name: First, give your offer a title (keeping “Goal” in the name may be a good idea so that you can easily search for it in the future). In the example below, we are calling this offer “GOAL - Skirt promo”.
Setting the Details:
Step 1: Set the spend goal
Set a dollar amount (based on your store’s currency settings) that will be the minimum amount your customers will need to spend on the products or collections you choose in the next step.
- Recalling our example we outlined above, we want the spending goal to be $200, which you can see in our screenshot:
Step 2: Set offer
You can decide to choose specific products or collections that the Spend Goal applies to, or you can select “Add all collections” in order to make the Spend Goal apply to all of your collections.
- In our example, we clicked on “Choose collections” and then selected the “Skirts” collection that we had set up in our store’s backend. [⚠️You will need to have created your collection in order to select it.]
- Note: You can also choose specific products, even if they are not in the same collection, by clicking on “Choose products”.
Step 3: Choose discount
Finally, after setting the Spend Goal and choosing the products or collections you’d like to apply the Goal to, then you can decide what kind of discount the customer will be rewarded with. The discount amount will be automatically applied to the products in the cart. You can choose a percentage or dollar amount discount.
Step 4: Goal offer message
This is where you will set the messages that appear on the announcement bar when a customer goes to the product page or the collection pages you set in the second step above.
- Initial Message: The initial message is what your customers will first see when viewing your chosen product or collections (Step 2). The initial message provides customers with details on your offer and can be placed at the top or bottom of your page.
- Example: This week only! Spend $200 on any skirt and receive 20% off!
- Progress Message: The progress message is what your customers will see when they haven't reached your Spend Goal yet. This message will tell them how much more they need to spend in order to qualify for the offer.
- Example: Spend another $48 on this collection to get a discount!
- Note: Do not set a dollar amount here. The monetary amount will be automatically calculated by the app.
- Success Message: The success message is what your customers will see after they've spent the required amount (or more!), on your chosen products (or collections) that you set in Step 2.
- Example: Goal reached! Enjoy 20% off your skirts :)
- ⚠️ Note: if your theme uses a “sticky header” you may need to disable this in order for the announcement bar to appear, depending on your theme. You can do that by going to your Theme Editor.