The Bundle offer type provides a discount when certain products are combined together in the cart.
There are three main configuration options to set up a Bundle offer. The first two (Bundle Item and Bundle Discount) control the X and Y of the Bundle offer.
Bundle Offer: This is what determines if the offer will be activated. You can set the quantity of how many products will be needed to meet the offer. You can choose both individual products, multiple products, individual collections, multiple collections, or a mix of each.
Bundle Discount: After the Bundle Offer criteria have is met, the discount portion of the Bundle activates. For the offer, you’ll need to choose a type of discount that you’d like to offer which are, Exact Price, Subtract Price and % off.
- Exact Price: This discount allows you to set an exact price for the offer portion. For example, Buy 3 of product X, and receive 2 of product Y for $5.
- Subtract Price: This discount allows you to subtract a specific amount from the offer portion. For example, Buy ten from collection A, and receive 1 of product Y for $5 off.
- % Off: This discount allows you to discount a percentage from the offer portion. For example, Buy 1 of product X, and receive 2 of product Y at 50% off.
- Buy 3 of product X and 2 of product Y and receive 50% off.
- Buy 1 from collection X, 3 from collection Y and 1 product Z for $10.
The message section is where you’ll set how the notifications appear on your store. There are three main stages to the Bundle offer messages: initial message, progress message and success message.
The initial message is what your customers will first see when viewing a product or collection that is attached to your Bundle. Appearing, unless customized, at the top of the page, the initial message informs your customers if the product or collection they’re viewing has any offers attached.
- Buy 1 from collection X and 3 from collection Y at 50% off!
- Thanks for buying from the X collection, you now qualify to get anything from collection Y at $
The success message is the third notification your customers will see. After your customer completes the criteria for the Bundle offer by adding the products to their cart, they’ll be presented with the success message.