BOGO stands for 'buy one, get one', but there are many ways to set up this offer type.
There are three main configuration options to set up a BOGO offer. The first two, labeled Trigger and Offer, control the X and Y of the BOGO offer are detailed below.
Trigger: This is the criteria that determine if the offer will be activated. You can set the quantity of how many products will be needed to meet the offer. You can choose both individual products, multiple products, individual collections, multiple collections, or a mix of each.
Offer: After the trigger criteria is met, the offer portion of the BOGO will activate. Similar to the trigger, you can select both individual products, multiple products, individual collections, multiple collections, or a mix of each.
After the products or collections for the trigger and offer have is set, you’ll need to choose a type of discount that you’d like to offer: Exact Price, Subtract Price and % off.
- Exact Price: This discount allows you to set an exact price for the offer portion. For example, Buy 3 of product X, and receive 2 of product Y for $5.
- Subtract Price: This discount allows you to subtract a specific amount from the offer portion. For example, Buy ten from collection A, and receive 1 of product Y for $5 off.
- % Off: This discount allows you to discount a percentage from the offer portion. For example, Buy 1 of product X, and receive 2 of product Y at 50% off.
- Buy 3 of product X and receive 1 of product Y at 50% off.
- Buy 1 of product X and receive 5 of product Y at $10 off.
- Buy ten from collection X and receive 15 from collection Y at 100% off.
- Buy one from collection X and receive 2 of product Y at $1.50.
The message section is where you’ll set how the notifications appear on your store. There are three main stages to the BOGO offer messages, initial message, progress message and success message. Keep reading below our GIF for more details.
The initial message is what your customers will first see when viewing a product or collection that is attached to your BOGO offer. Appearing, unless customized, at the top of the page, the initial message informs your customers if the product or collection they’re viewing has any offers attached.
- Buy 5 X product and get product Y at 50% off!
- Thanks for buying from the X collection, you now qualify to get anything from collection Y at $5
The progress message is what your customers will see after adding the trigger portion of the BOGO offer to their cart. Depending on how the offer is set up, the progress message can be visible on the collection, product and cart page. For example, if your customer buys 3 of product X, but the trigger requires 5 of product X, instead of continuing to the success message, the customer will have an updated progress message stating that two more of product X is required to meet the offer.
- Buy 5 more of product X and receive 15 product Y at 90% off!
- Congratulations, you now qualify to receive collection Y for $30!
The success message is the third notification your customers will see. After your customer completes the criteria for the BOGO by adding the products to their cart, they’ll be presented with the success message.