If you enable the Net Terms feature addition on your Wholesale Club account, select wholesale customers will have the option to bypass the Shopify checkout page to place their order. The order will be created in your Shopify admin, and you can collect payment from your customer at a later date, as outlined in your net terms agreement.
Providing your wholesale customers with Net Terms gives them the opportunity to resell the products at retail price before payment for their order is due.
In your Wholesale Club settings, you can choose whether orders placed with Net Terms are created as draft orders or final orders in your Shopify admin. Choose the setting that works best for your workflow.
- Order is created and marked as unpaid in the Shopify admin (Admin > Orders).
- Customer is sent to Wholesale Thank You Page and receives an order confirmation email from the store.
- Merchant receives an order confirmation email from Shopify.
- Taxes are not charged.
- Shopify shipping settings are not applied to the order, however, fees entered in Extra Fees will be applied.
- Line items in the order cannot be modified.
- Payment is collected outside of Shopify via bank transfer, QuickBooks, PayPal, etc.
- Order is marked as “Payment pending” until “Mark as paid” is manually selected in the Shopify admin.
- Order is created as a draft in the Shopify admin (Admin > Orders > Draft).
- Customer is sent to Wholesale Thank You Page.
- Merchant receives a draft order notification from Wholesale Club.
- Merchant can view draft order and make changes to line items, shipping, taxes, and discounts.
- An invoice for the order can be sent from Shopify admin, or payment collected manually.