Release notes describe changes, fixes, and additions to the Geneva theme. Use this article to stay in the loop with Geneva’s latest versions. Each version is listed below with the release date, version number, and changes included.
February 23rd, 2021 - v2.5.3
.nvmrcfile to make working on the theme more consistent, makes bug fixing go faster!
- Theme setting to show/hide quantity selectors
January 28th, 2021 - v2.5.2
- Store data updated
December 10th, 2020 - v2.5.1
- Getting messages from your shopper accounts is important, we unblocked that
from happening, so be ready to get messages of love and appreciation from your
October 21st, 2020 - v2.5.0
- Both the homepage and the global regions have been added so you can add all
sorts of announcements and notes to your site
September 3rd, 2020 - v2.4.0
- jQuery needed an update to keep up with the demands of the internet,
everything still works like it used to
- BigCommerce updated one of the packages that helps build the theme, so we
needed to update to make sure things keep running smoothly
- Not all browsers need the same amount of code so we made it so you only load
the code you need
June 12th, 2020 - v2.3.2
- All review links now obey the admin settings, no matter where they are hiding
- Product options are now parsed a little different to match up with changes to
May 15th, 2020 - v2.3.1
- We needed to change how some info was parsed on the page because of changes
the platform made on the backend
May 8th, 2020 - v2.3.0
- Now you can control your logo size yourself through theme settings
- Product below price region added
April 2nd, 2020 - v2.2.0
- We removed all the errors from the structured data
- Content pages now have regions to support widgets
February 13th, 2020 - v2.1.0
- Now the theme uses core-js v3, it's a part of how the themes built, so there
should be no changes to your storefront
- Orders can be reordered now even if one item from the original order is out of
stock (fixes THEME-1519)
September 12th, 2019 - v2.0.0
- Regions were added to support widgets which you will be able to use in the
near future to add content to your theme
- We needed to update to Webpack 4 it's a back end sort of update that won't
change anything on your storefront, but it's important to stay up-to-date
August 28th, 2019 - v1.16.9
- Our support documentation links lost their way so we found them and updated
their links so you wouldn't get lost
August 1st, 2019 - v1.16.8
- JQuery version updated to maintain security
March 7th, 2019 - v1.16.7
- Support for CSRF protection
- Basic Google Enhanced Ecomm Analytics
- We were sending mixed messages because reviews could still be added to products even when the setting was disabled, now when it's disabled, we mean it
January 19th, 2019 - v1.16.6
- You no longer need to enable all the "Other" product filters in order for them to show up. You can just enable the ones you want.
September 21st, 2018 - v1.16.5
- Now your shoppers can ship different products on a single order to multiple addresses!
- Also, discount banners will now show up on product pages, if you'd like.
August 7th, 2018 - v1.16.4
- Cart discounts were being applied to purchases when they were valid, but there was no visual evidence that was the case. So we made a change, added a few
lines of code and now discounts are visible.
- Added the ability for customers to be linked directly to the product reviews form from a link.
July 12th, 2018 - v1.16.3
- You can add a newsletter summary through the control panel to your shop, and now your theme will actually show it in the footer area.
- Non-required file uploads were causing a scene, and iOS users weren't able to add the product to the cart unless it had a file uploaded; that's not very optional is it? But we fixed it up now, so that little bug shouldn't bother you anymore.
June 15th, 2018 - v1.16.2
- Fixed an issue with distortion appearing in images that were added through the BigCommerce admin.
June 8th, 2018 - v1.16.1
- Updated some behind the scenes stuff to keep your theme most up to date.
May 24th, 2018 - 1.16.0
- Geneva now supports Google AMP on product pages.
April 27th, 2018 - 1.15.2
- Removed the copyright script from the footer of a Google AMP category page.
April 5th, 2018 - v1.15.1
- Added header and footer scripts to the checkout and order confirmation pages.
March 23rd, 2018 - v1.15.0
- Integrated Google AMP on Geneva's category pages.
March 2nd, 2018 - v1.14.0
- Added a Geotrust seal setting to the footer.
February 16th, 2018 - v1.13.0
- Updated Webpack to 3.0. Nothing should really seem different.
January 19th, 2018 - v1.12.3
- Optimized Pixelpop for the theme features list.
- Labels on product options now update correctly.
- Fixed a layout issue with how subcategories were being displayed on search results pages.
- Linked up the "Write a review" button on the product pages to an actual review form.
- If there are no reviews, customers are now prompted to write a review for a product.
January 11th, 2018 - v1.12.2
- Sold out options are hidden on all browsers (even Safari) if that setting is enabled in the admin.
January 4th, 2018 - v1.12.1
- Fixed an issue where home page carousels would show pagination arrows even if there was only one slide.
December 8th, 2017 - v1.12.0
- Multiple choice product options now support "none" as an option.
- "Forgot password" link now works on the account page.
- Implemented optimized checkout.
- Account address fields aren't misaligned anymore.
- Account addresses don't break if you create an address with a country that doesn't have states or provinces.
- Sold out options can no longer be accidentally added to the cart in Internet Explorer.
- Cart level discounts are now visible and work.
- Checkboxes are standardized across the theme.
- Moved contact form errors outside of the form to avoid layout breaking.
- Schema data is important and it's important to do right. Geneva now hooks into
a json based Schema data for better SERP.
November 10th, 2017 - v1.11.2
- Updated some behind-the-scenes stuff so other stuff keeps running smoothly.
September 14th, 2017 - v1.11.1
- Did that banner just change? Yes, yes it did. Banners are now restricted to showing only one at a time in random order
- Support documentation links updated
- Stencil Utils version updated
- Bc-tabs module package request updated to avoid breaking change
April 28h, 2017 - v1.10.2
- Fixed issue with product list option.
- Fixed issue with "Forgot password" link on Login page.
February 9th, 2017 - v1.10.1
- Added new captcha system to contact page
February 2nd, 2017 - v1.10.0
- Improved developer README documentation
January 17th, 2017 - v1.7.4
- Updated build system to Webpack, with Windows support
- Fixed issue causing some hidden system elements to be visible
- Fixed issue causing the ApplePay button to be visible on non-Apple devices
- Improved browser support with babel-polyfill
October 21st, 2016 – v1.7.3
- Fixed issue where gift certificate input field was displaying on cart page when disabled in CP
September 1st, 2016 – v1.7.2
- Fixed issue where review throttler prevented users from leaving product reviews
August 12, 2016 – v1.7.1
- Added "show all" links to sitemap
- Added rel="nofollow" to faceted search links
July 28th, 2016 – v1.7.0
- Added theme setting to control the maximum number of columns in the product grid
July 22nd, 2016 – v1.6.0
- Add theme setting to show copyright in footer
- Add more classnames to product detail elements to allow custom CSS
- Change footer links to open in a new window, with
May 31st, 2016 – v1.5.0
- Add larger pattern image for swatches
- Add "call for pricing" support to product page
- Reduce the maximum size of logo on checkout page
May 6th, 2016 - v1.4.1
Fixed an issue where billing info wasn't pre-populating the checkout page when Braintree payments were configured
April 29th, 2016 - v1.4.0
- Fixed issue with UPS shipping estimates not appearing on cart page
- Added option to show or hide breadcrumbs