Release notes describe changes, fixes, and additions to the Fortune theme. Use this article to stay in the loop with Fortune’s latest versions. Each version is listed below with the release date, version number, and changes included.
February 23rd, 2021 - v2.5.3
.nvmrcfile to make working on the theme more consistent, makes bug fixing
- Theme setting to show/hide quantity selectors
January 28th, 2021 - v2.5.2
- Ensure product images are not stretched
December 10th, 2020 - v2.5.1
- The global and header widgets no longer overlap the site when you use them
- Updated stencil utils to ^6.2.0
October 16th, 2020 - v2.5.0
- Global header region added
August 26th, 2020 - v2.4.2
- Update jQuery and other packages to be up-to-date
- Isolated product images now show full height
- Conditionally load polyfills when necessary
June 25h, 2020 - v2.4.1
- Sanitize product data in account pages
May 15th, 2020 - v2.4.0
- The product below price region has been added to support widgets
- Sanitize user input
April 24th, 2020 - v2.3.1
- Marketing banners show on the homepage again (THEME-1949)
March 27th, 2020 - v2.3.0
- Regions are now available on content pages should you wish to use widgets
there when they are released
- The product description color is now mapped to the body font color
- Everything should load on the homepage as expected (THEME-1938)
March 5th, 2020 - v2.2.1
- Update structured data to remove errors and as many warnings as possible
February 13th, 2020 - v2.2.0
- Update theme to use core-js v3
February 7th, 2020 - v2.1.1
- We have a spelling error in the settings, but it's fixed now, our bad
December 3rd, 2019 - v2.1.0
- Update JSON-LD to support HTML in product structured data (THEME-1808)
- Make sure Structured data doesn't break AMP pages
- Don't show gift certificate preview until an amount is entered (THEME-1762)
- File fields now display correctly on the cart page and on returns pages
- Orders can be re-ordered even if one of the items is out of stock (THEME-1519)
- Contact page shows correct success string (THEME-1507)
- Textarea placeholder text now correctly is removed on focus
- Promotional messages now show in all the locations they are supposed to
- Fortune now has lazyload and uses Srcset so shoppers get the best images
served to them
September 5th, 2019 - v2.0.0
- Add region support for widgets
- We updated to Webpack 4 to stay modern (THEME-1850)
August 28th, 2019 - v1.19.3
- Update support documentation link
August 1st, 2019 - v1.19.2
- Display of HTML in search results corrected
- JQuery version updated to maintain security
July 5th, 2019 - v1.19.1
- Banners are no longer broken after the GAEE update
- Now the image a shopper clicks on to zoom is the one that's shown
- Now customers can still log into accounts if the merchants has restricted
May 23rd, 2019 - v1.18.3
- Complete Google Analytics Enhanced Ecommerce integration
March 7th, 2019 - v1.18.2
- We've added the ability to add to multiple wishlists on the product page, so wish away!
- We now support CRSF protection!
- Basic Google Enhance Analytics has been added.
February 22nd, 2019 - v1.18.1
- We've fixed those pesky broken options from the last update.
- Also, your customers are now allowed to edit options from cart to follow inventory display settings.
February 8th, 2019 - v1.18.0
- Added support for vaulted credit cards
- Added ability to change product options in the cart
January 31st, 2019 - v1.17.1
- When triggered, image change rules were adding an image as a thumbnail belong the main product image. This was creating some wonky behavior in certain situations. So we changed so that the image change rule does not add an image as a thumbnail and instead just changes the main product image.
January 25th, 2019 - v1.17.0
- Implemented new pricing structure, sale badges are now controlled by sale price and not the existence of a retail price.
- Changed "As low as" wording to price ranges for product options. It's more
descriptive and works regardless of the default.
- Don't show a default price on quick-shop if there isn't one.
- Price label settings
October 18th, 2018 - v1.16.11
- We've added support for smart PayPal buttons, so you can get to getting paid.
September 21st, 2018 - v1.16.10
- We have now allowed product options to show as available, even if purchasing has been disabled.
August 30th, 2018 - v1.16.9
- Quick-view wasn't loading for products with images, but we've fixed it all up.
August 16th, 2018 - v1.16.8
- We added image zoom to the main product image, high five!
August 9th, 2018 - v1.16.7
- This theme now allows the option for customers to ship a multi-product order to multiple addresses, so they can ship to 100 different addresses as long as you don't mind.
- We added a theme option to show product catalog pages in a classic grid if you feel like mixing it up a little, but not really.
- And you are now able to sort the product catalog pages when your theme is set to the classic grid style.
August 7th, 2018 - v1.16.6.
- Fixed an issue with products not being able to be added to the cart.
July 27th, 2018 - v1.16.5
- Added discount banners to the product page.
July 12th, 2018 - v1.16.4
- We've added support for the newsletter summary!
- Also, we've fixed that annoying issue for iOS users where a non-required file upload would still require a file-because that was definitely not how that was supposed to work, right?
July 11th, 2018 - v1.16.3
- We've added "customized_checkout" to the features list so the checkout script manager works.!
June 22nd, 2018 - v1.16.2
- Added a new setting to allow you to show top-selling (popular) products.
- If a product selection contains an error, the customer will no longer
be redirected to the cart if the item can't be added.
- Fixed the mobile menu width causing text overflow.
June 8th, 2018 0 v1.16.1
- The search query in the URL persists on the search page now.
- Links to open reviews from emails will now open the review modal.
- Updated some dependencies in the theme to keep it up to date.
May 18th, 2018 - v1.16.0
- Fortune now supports AMP on product pages, making your products more easily findable in a Google search on mobile.
April 27th, 2018 - v1.15.4
- Removed the copyright script from the AMP footer on category pages.
April 19th, 2018 - v1.15.3
- Implemented recaptcha v2.0 on the contact page.
- Added the header and footer scripts to checkout and order confirmation pages.
March 23rd, 2018 - v1.15.0
- Integrated Google AMP on Fortune's category pages.
March 2nd, 2018 - v1.14.0
- Added GeoTrust to footer settings.
February 16th, 2018 - v1.13.0
- Updated Webpack to 3.0. Nothing should really seem different though!
February 2nd, 2018 - v1.12.7
- Sold out options weren't being hidden in option dropdowns in all browsers. We hid them now.
January 25th, 2018 - v1.12.6
- Product checkboxes are now styled consistently.
- In the Account address pages, countries without states or provinces no longer require the state/province field to be filled in.
- Added instructions to select dropdowns.
- Allow custom field customizations to show HTML.
- Added Optimized for Pixelpop to the theme features list.
November 10t, 2017 - v1.12.5
- Updated some behind-the-scenes things to keep things running smoothly.
October 31st, 2017 - v1.12.4
- Finally implemented optimized checkout, making colors and fonts customizable to match the rest of your site's design.
- Made a little change to help Internet Explorer render the site a little better.
- Gift certificates generated by third-party apps now work.
August 4th, 2017 - v1.12.2
- Updated review form to captcha v.2
- Updated support URLs.
- Fixed sort order in masonry layout on category pages.
- Changed product additional information to use divs.
- Implemented product warrant to output as HTML.
June 2nd, 2017 - v1.12.0
- Updated stencil utils.
- Fixed issues with product pick list product option.
- Added event/delivery date picker to product page.
- Fixed issue with shipping calculator not being able to estimate shipping more than once.
April 28th, 2017 - v1.11.2
- Fixed issue with "Unsubscribe" link in newsletter emails not directing to an unsubscribe template.
- Fixed issue with product list option.
April 6th, 2017 - v1.11.1
- Fixed issue where product grid overlays weren't showing in IE
March 23rd, 2017 - v1.11.0
- Added dimension units next to dimensions in product info
- Added display of cart level discounts on the Cart page
- Added support for 15+ facets values for product filtering
March 9th, 2017 - v1.10.1
- Updated product ATC button's text if a variant is unavailable
- Added in product level discounts to cart
- Added option to hide product dimensions
- Removed RTL product ordering
February 2nd, 2017 - v1.10.0
- Added message for products with no facets
- Changed cart button to disable if product can't be purchased
- Migrated the theme's build system from JSPM/SystemJS to NPM/Webpack
December 1st, 2016 - v1.5.1
langattribute to <html> tag
- Add Apply Pay icon to footer
November 10th, 2016 – v1.5.0
- Added ability to pay via Apple Pay
- Added theme option to disable AJAX add to cart on Product Page
- Fixed issue where required checkboxes were not validating properly
September 16th, 2016 – v1.4.4
- Added pagination to brand listing pages
- Fixed issue where product thumbnail sin quick shop were not changing the slide
September 9th, 2016 – v1.4.3
September 1st, 2016 – v1.4.2
- Fixed issue where review throttler prevented users from leaving product reviews
- Added classes to product information for custom styles
August 12th, 2016 – v1.4.1
- Removed duplicate shop name in the blog
rel='nofollow'attribute to faceted search links
August 5th, 2016 – v1.4.0
- Added support for product videos
- Removed 'Product Hover Actions' from product items on touch interfaces
July 28th, 2016 – v1.3.0
- Add a new option to the product slider so that only one image shows at a time
- Enhanced overall print styles
- Enhanced print styles to the Blog and Product page
- Forced attachment of
windowin the event that jQuery is not able to do it itself
July 22nd, 2016 – v1.2.9
- Added 'nofollow' attribute to BigCommerce external link
July 15th, 2016 – v1.2.8
- Fixed product variations not updating prices
June 24th, 2016 –v1.2.7
- Added copyright information in footer
- Fixed contact us form success message not displaying properly and organized the contact form fields better
June 17th, 2016 –v1.2.6
- Added blog posts and web pages content to search results page
- Fixed configurable fields producing an out of stock message which prevented add to cart action
May 27th, 2016 – v1.2.5
- Added "Call for pricing" message to product page in place of price when selected
- Added swatch zoom on hover for desktop, hidden on mobile
May 19th, 2016 – v1.2.4
- Enhancement to the Checkout page's heading styling to better match the rest of the theme
- Correction to the Theme Editor's "Hide parents menu items in their children menu" option
- Applying a max height to the product tiles, and to single product images
- Added better responsiveness to the Product Page on mobile and tablet
- Removal of "Primary Color" setting which was not being used
- Current currency now shows if only one currency is enabled store side
- Apply a minimum height to product images on mobile so that the share doesn't overflow
April 21st, 2016 – v1.2.3
- Fixed issue with syndicated RSS feed not appearing
- Fixed issue with UPS estimates not appearing in the shipping calculator