May 16th, 2019 - v2.2.8
- If you had HTML in your product descriptions Google didn't like it, so we changed it up and now your HTML won't anger the Internet gods
April 11th, 2019 - v2.2.7
- JS does not belong on AMP pages and our breadcrumb structured data relied on it so we had to remove them, but just from AMP pages
March 15th, 2019 - v2.2.6
- File uploads were not displaying correctly in the cart or on returns pages, so
we fixed 'em up
- If you used number only fields, they didn't behave the same across the site so we went in and fixed it, so the experience is the same all over now
- The breadcrumbs in the MegaNav could duplicate and become a mess, now they all
get to be unique snowflakes
- Support for CRSF has been added to make sure all is well if you're customizing your theme. We also updated Stencil-utils to 4.1.0
- Basic Google enhanced ecommerce analytics now supported
February 22nd, 2019 - v2.2.5
- Just an under the hood update to our build system, so the only difference you should see is a potentially smaller and faster theme bundle.
- Product variant images now disappear when the variant is de-selected and they no longer get added to product thumbnails.
January 31st, 2019 - v2.2.4
- Gift certificates can only be purchased one at a time and we used to allow shoppers to multiple them on the cart page. That is a no, no so we fixed it to be a yes, yes.
- Collection titles were getting in each others way in the meganav, we made it so they have enough space now
- Pages in the footer were showing dropdowns when it wasn't really practical.Now they don't and it all just makes much more sense
January 25th, 2019 - v2.2.3
- Our style to hide Firefox's number input controls got a little lost, we put it back in place and now those pesky arrows wont show any more
December 14th, 2019 - v2.2.2
- If you didn't want to use all the options for the "other" facet, all of them would hide making the whole thing kinds a useless, but we fixed that now, so you can be as specific as you would like
December 6th, 2019 - v2.2.1
- In list view the view product button wasn't working, so we fixed that and now it works just fine
- If you don't use brands and don't have faceted search, there was a chance your search results page displayed incorrectly and just incase that was the case, we have fixed it now
November 15th, 2018 - v2.2.0
- Do you want your customers to be able to save their credit card details for easier purchasing? Well you're in luck, as Merchant now supports just that.
November 1st, 2018 - v2.1.3
- Someone unplugged the option photos without asking if it was OK. Well it wasn't but we've fixed it so it works again
October 11th, 2018 - v2.1.2
- Our update to the pricing display accidentally made it so product options weren't updating on page load, now they will before you can say, "Bob's your uncle."
- You have MSRP labels, you have sale price labels and you have before sale price labels, but what about regular price labels? Yes! you have those now too
- Support has now been added for Paypal Smart Button settings.
October 4th, 2018 - v2.1.1
- No more is the product list page display messed up if you have the Faceted Search enabled, but no facets turned on.
- Adaptive height product images weren't loading correctly, and now they should display in all their glory all the time!
September 27th, 2018 - v2.1.0
- We've implemented a new pricing structure, so sale badges are now controlled by the sale price and not the existence of a retail price.
- The "As low as" wording has been changed to price ranges for product options. It's more descriptive and works regardless of the default!
- We will no longer show a default price on quick-shop if there isn't one.
August 23rd, 2018 - v2.0.4
- Cart item images were not updating well when the content was changed, now they update just fine and shoppers can see what they are buying once again
- Cart item updates were not reflected in the cart messages, so promos weren't useful, now they update the way they should
- The overflow wasn't hidden for the related products slider on mobile, so it was causing all sorts of weird behaviors, we fixed that up so it looks just as nice as the rest of the theme
- The featured product title was out of control on inconsistent with the rest of the theme, now it matches all the other product card styles and makes way
August 3rd, 2018 - v2.0.3
- Brand banner images disappeared for a while, but they are back now and wont be stretched anymore
July 26th, 2018 - v2.0.2
- BC allows you to ship to multiple addresses if you have it set up in the
control panel, now the theme supports it as well
July 19th, 2018 - v2.0.1
- Now when your shoppers get the chance to review your products after purchase, they can click on the 'leave a review' link from their purchase email and they will be taken straight to the form!
July 3rd, 2018 - v2.0.0
- Welcome to The Update of Merchant. It will be presented in three parts: Act I, Act II, and Act III, with an intermission between Act I and II.
- Stationed stage left: chorus of AMP Product ages, enabling shoppers to have a better experience when searching for products through Google. They shuffle with their shoppers upstage, quietly chattering.
- Entering stage right: a New Mobile View of the home page that includes horizontal scrolling. New Mobile View scrolls along floor and meets with AMP Product Pages.
- Support for Multiple Wishlists bursts through a trap door in the stage floor, and frightens Single Wishlist away. Shoppers find out they can also create a new wishlist from the product page. They cheer.
- An argument ensues between Regular Search and the newer, younger, stylish Advanced Search. Advanced Search wins the battle.
- Senior Logo shape shifts downstage to show that he now can change sizes based on what the merchant prefers. In one inhale, he doubles his size to 480px wide. This creates minor havoc onstage as other players struggle to find room for themselves.
- Desktop Navigation, while using the fly system, traverses from stage left to stage right in a joyous display of its ability to horizontally scroll and show menus that never overlap. It also supports many many many items in a submenu. "Viva la large catalogue navigation systems!", it bellows.
- Cue fog machine: rising out of the fog sweeps Product Page Customizations. These include the ability to choose where a merchant shows the product SKUs and the Bulk Pricing table, as well as hide product prices from shoppers who aren't logged into their account (great for wholesale stores). But wait, there's more! Product Page Customizations has learned a new spell: sending a customer straight to the cart page after adding a product to the cart. With a snap of her fingers, Product Page makes an unassuming Shopper disappear before our very eyes. Spotlight on the catwalk shows Shopper suddenly in the cart.
- Cue morose fiddle. End of Act I.
- Backstage, the stagehands shuffle around some packages and boxes to keep the play running and up to date. The audience doesn't see any of this, but they internally acknowledge that something about this act just runs a little smoother.
- Enter Stage Right, through the fog: Product Grid pages, lazy loading their images as they enter the stage to improve load times. They can also sort themselves better now.
- Mobile Product Grid Filters enters after a small but significant costume change, making them sticky and easier to use on mobile.
- Musicians enter through the vom and play music for a ballroom dance scene for the Product Thumbnails. The scene begins with a lonely nocturne, showing only one Product Thumbnail at a time on mobile. As the evening progresses, we arrive at a lively waltz and each Product Thumbnail pairing with another Product Thumbnail. By the end of the dance scene, Product Thumbnails are paired off entirely and commit to only showing themselves with their pair on mobile (2 per row).
- Cue brownout and scene change. End of Act II.
- The third act opens with the Product Slideshow writing to their departed lover that they have done a lot of thinking over the last 6 months and have finally made a breakthrough at therapy: They will finally show the default image if a shopper changes variants that don't have a linked or associated image.
- iOS 11.3 hugs a Shopper and declares that she no longer needs a file to be uploaded on a product page if it's not required. She's stronger now, and won't break if she doesn't always get what she wants. They go their separate ways.
- Paypal waves farewell to their second cousin, Paypal Braintree Express. There's not enough room for them both on the cart page, so although Paypal Braintree Express can still be configured by the merchant, there needn't be two buttons appearing at once.
- Cue "Ode to Joy", celebration, and catharsis. End of The Update of Merchant.
May 31st, 2018 - v1.24.0
- There is a new newsletter summary available in the admin to share with shoppers so they know what's up with your newsletter and how you plan to use it. That summary is now visible on your store front.
April 19th, 2018 - v1.23.4
- There was a script tag that was throwing an error on the AMP pages for one of the amp verification methods, so the script has been removed
April 12th, 2018 - v1.23.3
- It's nice to be able to use all the gift certificates you get to a store at once. We had some code that was making it rather tricky to do so, so we sorted it out and now more then one gift certificate can be added to an order easily
- Having a product picklist with pictures is only useful if you can see the pictures, now you can on all browsers, they were being shy on Firefox
March 29th, 2018 - v1.23.2
- Header and footer scripts are now supported for checkout and order confirmation pages for use with the Checkout API
March 22nd, 2018 - v1.23.1
- Like any new feature, AMP needed a little tweak. It should match your theme color settings better now
March 15th, 2018 - v1.23.0
- Merchant supports AMP on it's category pages, so if users find your Category page through a Google search on mobile, they can can browse with speed
March 1st, 2018 - v1.22.0
- If GeoTurst seals are your thing, we have a fix for you. Now you can add a trust seal through your theme settings
February 16th, 2018 - v1.21.0
- Updated to Webpack 3.0. Nothing should really seem different.
January 19th, 2018 - v1.20.3
- Sold out options are now hidden in all browsers (even Safari) if that setting in the admin is enabled.
- Fixed an issue with images not showing up when they were added to the product carousel through a product option change rule and set to use an adaptive height.
December 14th, 2017 - v1.20.2
- Optimized for Pixelpop added to the feature list
- When it came to the quick shop, our alerts used to be a little shy. Now they
are braver than ever and show up in front of the quick shop so your customers
can know what's going on!
- Too many H1 tags in the alternate mega navigation could have been mucking around with your SERP, just in case it was all H1's in the alternate navigation have been replaced with H2's.
- When you have a carousel image with a link but no button, now even the text block can be clicked!
November 30th, 2017 - v1.20.1
- Correct some styles to make sure account address fields don't look drunk
- Toggles can toggle any time so you need to rein them in with logic, we did just that on for Sate fields required status on address forms
- Your custom fields support HTML like a boss now
Check out your checkboxes, they all look the same now, hurray for consistency
If the captcha isn't satisfied the error won't make your contact for look weird
November 17th, 2017 - v1.19.7
- Updated Stencil Utils to 1.0.9.
- When creating an account, choosing a country that doesn't have states or provinces no longer breaks the account creation.
November 3rd, 2017 - v1.19.6
- Gift certificates created or imported by third party apps now work on the cart page.
- Variants and products that are sold out now appear as sold out in the quickshop too.
- Fixed a little issue with quickshop images not appearing right on first load.
October 27th, 2017 - v1.19.5
- Now your non-required product options support a None option for those people who just can't make up their minds right away
October 13th, 2017 - v1.19.4
- No faceted search on your plan? That's OK brands are now available for use on category pages to enhance your users browsing experience
- We did our best to keep IE form rendering in non-compatibility mode
- Open, close, open, close. We trained our facets to play nice in facet obedient school
- Everyone needs a little space sometimes and our nav items didn't have any, they do now, so they are happier
- No one likes being called the wrong name, now related products added to the cart get called the correct name when the success alert pops up
September 28th, 2017 - v1.19.3
- For those quick-tappers out there, we've updated our product image-zoomer to not open more than one at a time.
- We've made a slight change to the mobile search form so shoppers can see more results. We're now hiding the keyboard if we notice the shopper scrolling down the page. This also avoid a nasty browser bug that shows the text cursor in the wrong spot.
- The quickshop modal for related products could sometimes leak out and infect the main product form. Fixed!
September 28th, 2017 - v1.19.2
- The view product button is no longer just for show! In list view the button is visible and works as expected. Now that's something to write about.
September 7th, 2017 - v1.19.1
- Life can seem random and now the marketing banners really are! Also only one marketing banner is displayed in a location at a time
August 24th, 2017 - v1.19.0
- There are lots of hard decisions in life. Should I get married? Have kids? Pay the extra $2 for guac? So, we lobbed you an easy one. Now, you can choose wether or not to display the decorative "X" on section titles.
- When you've uploaded an image for a category, now it shows up on the Category page as a banner image. Makes sense, right?
- We fixed up an annoying little bug where if you clicked just to the right of the search icon and started typing, you wouldn't see any of the text.
- On mobile, if you used both a heading and text on a slide in the carousel, the button would lose its styling. Now it doesn't. Shine on you crazy button.
August 10th, 2017 - v1.18.0
- Moved image zoom functionality to bc-zoom module
- Updated 3rd level mobile nav link color
- Changed mega-nav link colour setting apply to a mega-nav links
- Added setting for adaptive height in the product image area
- Fixed issue where custom category sort-by settings were not working correctly
- Fixed issue where there were multiple instances of image zoom on same page
- Fixed link in product review emails to trigger review form modal
August 1st, 2017 - v1.17.1
- Fixed issue where mobile nav was not working
July 27th, 2017 - v1.17.0
- Changed the site alert position to the bottom of the viewport to increase visibility and help smooth out sticky header transition
- Added site alert color settings
- Added explicit italic declaration for Playfair Display font to fix display issues on Safari
- Fixed issue with "as low as" text setting
- Fixed issue with sale price changing colors when option was changed
- Updated bc-core to fix issue with returns limited at 99 and validation of reset password form
July 20th, 2017 - v1.16.0
- Fixed issue where links on the contact page had no styling
- Fixed issue where link hover color setting was not being applied to page content
- Added error message to forgot password form
- Added a theme setting to set a default product listing view on category / brand pages
- Improved add-to-cart notifications visibility and success state to add-to-cart button
July 13th, 2017 - v1.15.1
- Fixed an issue where the shipping calculator was not applying the selected shipping option correctly
July 6th, 2017 - v1.15.0
- Improved support for product image zooming
June 29th, 2017 - v1.14.0
- Added quick search component to display live results from search terms
June 21st, 2017 - v1.13.1
- Fixed issue where date field year option did not show when date range was set to one year
- Fixed issue with variant images becoming mixed up when switching between them rapidly
- Fixed issue in shipping calculator causing the state field to remain populated with US states when the country is changed
- Update support links in config
May 25th, 2017 - v1.13.0
- Added markup and theme settings to support optimized checkout
May 18th, 2017 - v1.12.3
- Fixed issue with colour swatch option.
- Fixed issue with SKU not updating with options.
- Implemented an image placeholder for products that don't have images uploaded.
- Fixed shipping calculator language to be more accessible.
- Fixed store address to display how it is written in the control panel.
April 27th, 2017 - v1.12.2
- Added product event dates to product page
- Added unsubscribe page for when users remove themselves from mailing lists
- Added view product button when quick shop disabled
- Fixed issue where categories in the main navigation were not linking properly
- Fixed issue where product prices were not displaying on products that were sold out
- Fixed issue where review star color was not displaying in Firefox
- Removed schema.org data from prices
- Fixed issue where product review link in product details did not scroll properly
- Fixed file upload styles in IE
- Fixed issue where theme option to disable blog post summaries was not working Hide blog post summary when disabled through theme settings
April 21st, 2017 - v1.12.1
- Fixed styles on home carousel to prevent breakage
- Fixed inconsistent row spacing on featured products fixed
April 20th, 2017 - v1.12.0
- Added view cart and checkout links to product success message
- Added image aspect ratio theme setting for home carousel
- Fixed issue where 'none' appeared as an option for required product pick list option.
- Fixed issue where 'none' was not the default option when set in CP for non-required pick lists
- Changed to rely on core product forms instead of custom product forms
- Fixed issue where product quantity selector could go down to zero
- Changed captcha to V2
March 9th, 2017 - v1.11.1
- Added a theme option to use flyout menu for all screen sizes optimal for large navigations
March 2nd, 2017 - v1.11.0
- Added theme setting option to allow users to toggle an "as low as" pricing language
- Added theme setting option to allow users to show/hide quickview
- Added theme setting option to allow users to show/hide content pages
- Added theme setting option to allow users to show categories in either main nav or in the two Megnav display options
- Fixed issue where product page tabs broke after leaving a review
- Fixed issue where shipping calculator broke after updating the cart contents
- Fixed issue where toggle for copyright message in footer did not work as expected
- Primary link colors apply to links add through BC
- Changed 'Featured Collection' to 'Featured Category' on homepage
February 23rd, 2017 - v1.10.1
- Added cart item discounts to cart page
- Fixed issue where shipping Calculator did not work after updating cart contents
- Fixed issue where, after leaving product review, user needed to refresh in order to access other product info tabs
- Fixed issue where out of stock items where not hidden
- Changed primary link to be applied to links added in RTEs
- Changed 'Featured Collection' to 'Featured Category' on homepage
December 22nd, 2016 – v1.6.4
- Fixed issue where mobile currency selector settings were not applied
December 8th, 2016 – v1.6.3
- Added layout styling for custom date fields
- Fixed issue where font used caused form text inputs to be unequal heights
November 24th, 2016 – v1.6.2
- Added option to show Apple Pay in list of payment icons
- Added "All ..." link in alternate mega nav for sub-navigation lists
November 17th, 2016 – v1.6.1
- Added theme setting to toggle address in site footer
langattribute to <html> tag
- Fixed issue where successive quickshop modals were launching, causing multiple alerts and incorrect amounts to be added to the cart
November 10th, 2016 – v1.6.0
- Added support for Apple Pay
November 3rd, 2016 – v1.5.4
- Chnaged number of blog posts per page to be divisible by 3 for even rows
October 20th, 2016 – v1.5.3
- Added theme setting to allow the search form on the search page to be hidden
- Added text on sold out products disabled button to say sold out
- Changed blog excerpt length available in theme options to 50, 100 and 200 characters and explanation that length is in characters added to section title
October 13th, 2016 – v1.5.2
- Fixed issue where gift certificate field appeared on cart page even when disabled in CP
- Fixed issue with Brand list not displaying in footer
September 9th, 2016 – v1.5.1
- Fixed product image zoom shifting image outside of boundary
- Changed dropdown behaviour for pages in menu and footer: made it so link goes to page and arrow toggles dropdown
- Made top bar for mobile navigation fixed so gap doesn't appear when scrolling on touchscreen devices
- Added timeout to alert banners to fix wonky transition and removed transition/revealer CSS
September 1st, 2016 – v1.5.0
- Added ability to update product options from cart
- Added pagination to brand page
- Added theme option to control number of items that appear on brand page
- Fixed issue where review throttler prevented users from leaving product reviews
August 19th, 2016 – v1.4.4
- Fixed swatches having a default option selected upon page load
August 12th, 2016 – v1.4.3
- Added "View All" links to lists in the sitemap if the list has more than 20 items
- Fixed button alignment in mobile menu when currency selector is hidden
- Ensure account link is hidden on mobile menu, when account creation is disabled
August 5th, 2016 – v1.4.2
- Added TE setting for mega-nav variant link colors and adjusted some colors that were not visible
- Improvements to public wishlists
- Added rel="nofollow" to faceted search links
July 28th, 2016 – v1.4.1
- Updated mega navigation to initially show first child menu
- Fixed issue where custom select dropdown arrows were not clickable
- Fixed arrow location issue in mini-cart on sticky navigation bar
July 22nd, 2016 – v1.4.0
- Added rel="nofollow" to footer links
- Added a theme setting for copyright toggle
- Implemented JSON-LD schema.org structured data
- Scroll to top (notification area) when product is added to cart on screens < 1024px
- Moved carousel arrows to edges of image when there is no caption / title
- Implemented logo max-height, which also fixes logo covering mobile utils bar
- Corrected search results counts
July 8th, 2016 – v1.3.1
- Added and validates schema.org data to product page, blog page and individual blog post pages
- Applied global image cover / contain setting to product carousel thumbs
July 1st, 2016 – v1.3.0
- Added enhanced navigation and logo positioning options
June 24th, 2016 – v1.2.7
- Added copyright info to footer
- Added product dimensions and theme setting to toggle them on/off in the additional product details tab
- Added classes to additional product details to hide specific pieces with css
- Fixed issues causing quickshop images to not load properly
- Mobile header: constrain logo and ensure burger button color was visible
- Contact form captcha on it's own line
- Carousel "back" button goes the correct direction now
June 3rd, 2016 – v1.2.6
- Fixed an issue with missing carousel arrows in Internet Explorer.
- Fixed quantity input on product page so it will respect min / max values.
May 27th, 2016 – v1.2.5
- Fixed pattern swatch sizing and added zoom on hover
- Added "& up" to faceted search rating stars, fixed an issue hovering the stars in Firefox / IE
- Ensure placeholder text is hidden on search input when it is collapsed
May 19th, 2016 – v1.2.4
- Fixed an issue where Pinterest share button was not using a valid URL
- Carousel slides that do not have button text will now use the slide image as the link
- Checkout logo size now matches with the rest of the theme
May 12th, 2016 – v1.2.3
- Added new option to hide sidebar on category pages
- Added new option to adjust layout of the mega navigation
May 6th, 2016 – v1.2.2
- Fixed an issue where state dropdowns were not being populated
- Fixed an issue with Braintree payments not handling user info correctly
April 21st, 2016 – v1.2.0
- Added option to hide slide number on home page carousel
- Fixed issue with UPS shipping estimates not appearing in the shipping calculator