Your Shopify store comes with a powerful built-in blogging engine. Blogs are great for content that you’ll be updating regularly. While many stores maintain only one blog (with common titles like "News" or "Journal"), others create multiple blogs to better categorize information including customer stories, tips, tutorials, FAQs and more.
You'll do all your blogging in the Shopify admin (to get your Shopify blog up and running, see their instructions), but when it comes to customizing how your blog(s) display, you'll do that within the theme editor. Just navigate to the blog or article page in the theme editor, and you'll see a section pop up, giving you access to settings specific to that page.
Blog pages provide users with indexes of your blog posts, like the table of contents in a magazine.
To access the settings for these pages, navigate to your blog in the theme editor and then click Blog pages under the page selector drop-down.
Reach offers a number of ways to customize your blog page. You can:
- Show RSS link: This will allow users to "subscribe" to a stripped-down version of your content in an RSS reader.
- Show date published: Checking this box will show the date each post was published, displayed above the post title.
- Show post author: Checking this will show the author who published the post beside the publish date.
- Show post excerpt: This will show an excerpt of your post on the blog page. You can customize the text that appears from the post editor in your Shopify admin.
- Set the Posts per page. Reach allows you to display 3, 6, 9, 12, or 15 posts per blog page.
To access the settings for these pages, click on the pages dropdown from the top bar in your theme editor and click Blog posts. Then, in the theme editor, click Posts under the Sections tab.
Reach offers a number of ways to customize your article pages. You can:
- Show date published: Checking this box will, like the setting on the Blog page, show the date the post was published, displayed above the post title.
- Show post author: Checking this box will also show the post author's name at the top of the post, between the post image and the post title.
- Show post tags: You can tag blog posts by going to your Shopify admin and under Online store, click on Blog posts, then click on any blog post, and in the Tags field (similar to the product page tag field), enter any tags that you'd like your blog post to be filtered by. These post tags will appear beside the post author's name, above the post image.
- Show social sharing buttons: This will add a series of social icons to the bottom of each post. These icons allow customers to share your blog posts on Facebook, Twitter, Google +, and Pinterest: