Release notes describe changes, fixes, and additions to the Reach theme. Use this article to stay in the loop with Reach’s latest versions. Each version is listed below with the version number, release date, and changes included.
January 15th, 2021 - v4.6.0
- Resolved broken HTML in the theme editor
- Stylesheets no longer use SASS which gives much better performance in the theme editor
Using an old version of Reach?
Make your update easier with
Please note that the Theme Updater App is only compatible with Reach versions 1.3.0 and up. Earlier theme versions require a manual update.
Registration is required to use the app. Subscription charges may apply.
September 11th, 2020 - v4.5.1
- Wide tables now scroll horizontally on mobile
- Products with a single media now work properly on mobile. Also, pagination dots didn't make sense in that case, so we've removed them when there's only a single media item.
- Slideshow now loads reliably at the right height in Safari
- Theme code now uses
renderexclusively, instead of
- We have removed the default social media sharing image setting and we now defer to the setting in the Shopify admin
April 21st, 2020 - v4.5.0
- The old currency converter has been removed in favor of the new native multi-currency functionality
March 4th, 2020 - v4.4.0
- Updated to use new product media component
February 13th, 2020 - v4.3.3
- Instagram section has been removed. The API has been deprecated with no suitable replacement so from now on you'll need to switch to using an app.
November 20th, 2019 - v4.3.2
- Fixed structured data outputting an empty itemListElement array
- Implemented a fix on all mobile sliders which were encountering issues in the newest version of iOS (13)
- Slideshow slides will no longer appear cut off when an image is initially selected
- Moved links from settings labels to info text, to work with changes to the theme editor.
August 19th, 2019 - v4.3.1
- Removed our website link from the footer 👋
- Tweaked styling for dynamic checkout buttons
June 24th, 2019 - v4.3.0
- Added support for the new Shopify Discounts features.
- Added support for the new Shopify Product recommendations.
- Added support for line item properties injected by third-party apps.
- The Featured collection and Related products features now support a more standard grid layout.
- Updated styling on Collection scrollbars to make them more apparent.
- Switch to Shopify's colection.sort_options for collection sorting.
- The support link in the Theme editor now points to our new support form.
- Retired Google Plus, as Google did.
- Updated social-meta library.
January 10th, 2019 - v4.2.8
- Having a testimonials section as the last section on your home page no longer breaks things, because who needs that?
- We've fixed the issue where the in-stock variant image is not switched to if the first variant is out of stock.
- We've also fixed the issue where Twitter heights were not matched on mobile.
There's been a CSS update to allow Slideshow content to be right-aligned.
January 7th, 2019 - 4.2.7
- This theme now asks Google to only index each collection page once, to improve your SEO.
- The add-to-cart success popup will now appear on mobile after adding an item to the cart.
- Selecting variants on mobile will now consistently display the correct image.
- The cart quantity will now reflect the quantity in the add-to-cart success popup.
- We've added a max-width to the minicart to prevent it from becoming too large.
- The fix is in for Twitter thumbnails not appearing under certain conditions.
- The fix is in for cards, to prevent accidentally swiping when scrolling.
- The fix is in for product cards not using correct aspect ratios.
- There is now a check that layout is not mobile when applying the sticky header.
- You'll now find the option to show lock icons on checkout buttons.
October 4th, 2018 - v4.2.3
- All of the preview product images now display properly in the mini-cart!
- The fix is in for the endless spinner, which happened when you tried to add one of your two Featured Products to the cart from the Homepage.
October 4th, 2018 - v4.2.1
- The image zoom on Featured Products was all wonky, but we got this.
October 4th, 2018 - v4.2.0
- Embellishments weren't embellishing when you had the Product Grid turned on, and now they're definitely doing that!
- Content seemed to be shifted on iOS 9 and we pushed it all back into place.
October 4th, 2018 - v4.1.0
- All of the spacing on mobile product pages has been cleaned up.
- We fixed cards sliding at incredibly slow rates based on animation speed because nobody's got time for that.
August 23rd, 2018 - v4.0.1
- Reach has been updated to use the latest Shopify structured data!
August 2nd, 2018 - v4.0.0
- You've now got the option to move product options above or below the product description.
- We added a cart count badge, so now customers can see how much stuff they're hoarding before checkout.
- You wanted additional product gallery options, so we gave 'em to you!
- While hovering over product images, customers can now use image zoom to see all the nitty-gritty details.
- There are also new options for product pages, allowing new styling of quantity picker.
- We changed the styles of the cart page to better reflect Reach's verticals.
- The FAQ section has been updated to allow up to 12 sections, so you can explain anything and everything.
- The collection page has new layout options, so go mix things up!
- You can now organize product and collection/search settings into section settings rather than global.
July 26th, 2018 - v3.2.1
- We now only check the header height when the page loads and when the user scrolls, not a thousand times per minute for no reason.
- Double or single quotes now work in product option names, so no more broken variants!
July 20th, 2018 - v3.2.0
- Updated social meta to provide a stronger overall social sharing experience.
July 17th, 2018 - v3.1.0
- Here's a fix for the empty related products bug!
- Also, we've updated the footer payment icons to use Shopify's new official icon set.
July 4th, 2018 - v3.0.3
- A new setting has been added allowing customers to be brought directly to the cart page after a product has been added to it.
- Updated the Natural preset to remove sections that were hidden by default. The preset is now more in-line with our demo shop.
June 19th, 2018 - v3.0.1
- We've updated the default Style used when the theme is installed; you should find it to be a more Natural look!
June 7th, 2018 - v3.0.0
- We took another look at the currency issue from v1.0.1, and realized we could have a cleaner fix. So we swept up our code and made it all nice!
Updated the password page to have a rich-text field so links can be added to the newsletter form.
We fixed up the "Continue Shopping" button on the cart page when it's empty. It wasn't supposed to be full width!
May 31st, 2018 - v2.0.1
- Fixed the default typography setting for primary font causing fatal theme editor errors on new theme installations
May 30th, 2018 - v2.0.0 (unreleased)
- Added support for the new font picker setting. Soo many fonts! Just remember, with great power comes great responsibility.
- The little
-icons now match up to the chosen icon set!
May 15th, 2018 - v1.4.2
- Fixed issue with variant images on mobile.
- Blog post tags on the home page now link to their proper tag.
- Fixed missing translations on the guest checkout page.
- Fixed issue with gallery images and testimonials on the story page showing code instead of an image.
- Fixed an issue with group tags where double spaces were being shown as no spaces.
- Fixed issue with image and button styling in the next article section
April 3rd, 2018 - v1.3.0
- Implemented support for Shopify's new dynamic checkout buttons. Now on the product page and quickshop, customers can checkout directly via Amazon Pay, Apple Pay, Paypal, and Shopify Payments if you have those gateways set up on your store.
- Fixed the infamous broken Twitter feed.
March 27th, 2018 - v1.2.0
- Implemented responsive images across the entire theme.
- Fixed a little bug where some variants sometimes had the possibility of being able to be added to the cart even if they were sold out or unavailable.
March 6th, 2018 - v1.1.0
- Added new sections to the home page to comply with Shopify's sections parity update.