In this article:
There are two Layout options in the Theme settings to choose from, “Traditional” and “Minimal”.
- The Traditional layout will show the navigation underneath your logo, search, and site action items.
- Alternatively, the Minimal layout will condense the navigation and site items into a collapsed hamburger-style menu.
To choose your layout, navigate to the Theme settings tab (Customize > Theme settings > Layout).
- See also: Configuring Superstore's theme settings
The options within the Header editor are slightly different depending on whether you select the Traditional or Minimal layout. Selecting the Minimal layout will reveal the option (in the Sections > Header tab) to have either:
- Left logo with center search bar
- Center logo with search icon
When scrolling down the page, the header can either remain static or scroll along with the customer. This second option is known as a sticky header and can be activated by checking Enable sticky header.
Note: Even if the Traditional layout is active in the Theme settings, the sticky header will use the minimal layout when scrolled.
Enable Full Width
With the desktop view of Superstore’s header, the width of the header’s content is limited to the width of the rest of the site’s content. . To have the header expand beyond this, select Enable full width header. To set the width of the site’s content, head to the Theme settings tab, click on “Layout”, and look for the Site Width option.