Empire release notes
Got an old version of the theme and want a new one?
Email us at email@example.com
January 29th, 2018 - v2.0
Big update! We've listened to your requests and added in a bunch of new sections:
- An Announcement Bar to fill your customers in on new sales, offers and changes to your store
- A Small Promo section to include promotions, hours of operation, contact information and more
- A Slideshow section to show off new items, offers and sales
- A Highlights Banner section to include highlights, offered services, hours of operation and contact information
- A Rich Text section to add valuable content to your homepage
- A Video section to catch your customers' attention or get into more detail about you and your business
- A Search section to include a search bar anywhere on the homepage
- The Recently Viewed Products section allows customers to keep a history of products that they have recently viewed
We also added in some new settings:
- A option to add up to two custom images to your Mega Menu.
- Improvements to the Mosaic and Grid sections such as individual overlays for each block, the ability to collapse blocks on mobile, global text alignment and a maintain aspect ratio setting.
- A Product video setting which allows you to add videos to the Product gallery
- A Slideshow Aspect Ratio setting which allows you to change the sizes of the images in the Product gallery
- A Variant Option Style setting which allows you to change between a dropdown menu and selectable boxes for variants
- A Show Vendor setting to display the vendor of each product on the collection page
- A Grid/List View toggle setting to change the view of the collections page from a grid to a list
January 26th, 2018 - v1.4.3
- Fixed a couple issues with the currency converter. We added a few more supported currencies, and we made sure that the currency that a customer changes it to shows up in the quick buy modal as well.
- Fixed a verrrrrry picky dropdown arrow so that it's more easily clickable.
January 16th, 2018 - v1.4.2
- Fixed the broken Instagram and Twitter feeds.
January 11th, 2018 - v1.4.1
- Added support for additional money formats.
- Improved how product pricing behaves when the "compare at price" is the same as the regular price.
January 8th, 2018 - v1.4.0
- Updated the menu system to be integrated with Shopify's nested navigation update. See this link to get more information on how to set up nested navigation.
November 30th, 2017 - v1.3.0
- Made some updates to the currency converter (improved app compatibility, streamlined some dependency files, fixed up an issue where products were sometimes being shown as 0$ woopsie!)
- Made some minor changes to the cart page to comply with some policy changes from Shopify.
- Overhauled our mobile sections that you can swipe and slide so you can do the same on narrow desktop browsers as well.
November 17th, 2017 - v1.2.10
- Fixed issue with prices showing original price as 0$ on the collection page when "emphasize price" was disabled.
- Fixed issue with a product listing all variants on sale even if only one variant was on sale.
Fixed JS errors and quick shops not loading.
October 26th, 2017 - v1.2.7
- Implemented a small fix to the account orders to allow them to pick up on i18n
- Quickshop is working again!
- Product galleries now only start once all the images have loaded, fixing issues where it would try to start... and not really work.
October 12h, 2017 - v1.2.6
- Square images in your Instagram feed have made a comeback. #tbt
October 5th, 2017 - v1.2.5
- Empire's documentation now links to the right place. doh.
- Did a little tweaking to the header so it aligns nicely.
September 7th, 2017 - v1.2.2
- There were some tricky cases where variants could cause the "amount saved" to be incorrect. We simplified the logic for these, making it more predictable.
- We moved the "Continue Shopping" cart setting out into a global setting so it can be used on the 404 page.
- Modal popups had some janky scroll behavior. We un-jankyied it. Smooth as peanut buttah.
- Some of you reported the spacing between the header and page contents sometimes being inconsistent. (Math is hard).
- The mobile nav menu now blocks page scrolling, which should reduce stress levels for mobile visitors by a solid 13%.
- Haiku: A Springtime in the H1 Garden:
- Stroll through product page
- H1s blooming everywhere
- Please cut H1s back
- When filtered by a tag group, collection page titles were showing un-needed underscores. They_are_all_gone_now.
August 31st, 2017 - v1.2.1
- Having the account and currency switcher disabled will no longer cause critical failures. There was a screw bouncing around in the guts of the JS controlling the header, making basically everything break.
- Image formats have been liberated! PNG images with transparencies can now be used in Promo blocks and Articles.
- The Twitter feed was reminded that sometimes, you just need to use a really long word. Instead of cutting that word off, it now wrap them.
- Instagram photos returned to square and all is right with the world.
August 3rd, 2017 - v1.1.2
- Fixed issue with second level navigation menus being unscrollable when exceeding the viewport
- Fixed issue with third level navigation menus opening past viewport
July 27th, 2017 - v1.1.1
- Fixed minor bugs with quickshop.
July 24th, 2017 - v1.1.0
- Changed all range settings from dropdowns to sliders in theme editor.
July 20th, 2017 - v1.0.2
- Fixed issue with prices in live search not matching store currency if currency switcher is disabled.
- Fixed issue with mega navigation intermittently appearing blank in Safari.
July 14th, 2017 - v1.0.1
- Implemented live search enhancements.
- Fixed issue with mega navigation going blank sometimes in Safari.
- Fixed issue with on sale products showing the wrong price in live search.
- Minor bug fixes.