How to Manually Upload Emails Captured By Your Pixelpop Popups to Your Marketing Service
Pixelpop automatically syncs with MailChimp and Conversio, but if you use a different email marketing provider, or if you just want to grab a list of your signups at any time, for any reason, you can do so easily from your Pixelpop dashboard. In this article, we'll explain how.
Find Your Popup
In your Pixelpop dashboard, scroll down to find your Email Signup popup. Beside the green Edit button, you'll see an Emails link. Click it.
This will open an Email Collection dialog box where you can either Download emails or Learn more about syncing. Clicking the former will allow you to download a .csv file, which you can open in a spreadsheet application like Numbers or Excel. If you are using a newsletter service, you can upload the .csv file to update your mailing list.
- Navigate to the Lists page.
- Click the drop-down menu next to the list you want to work with, and choose Import.
- Choose CSV or tab-delimited text file.
- Click Next.
- To upload your CSV file, click Browse and choose the file from your computer.
- Check the I understand that my billing plan may be automatically upgraded box. Your account will only be upgraded if your list import causes your subscriber count to exceed your current billing plan.
- Click Next to go to the Import Subscribers step and match the columns in your import file to the columns in your MailChimp list.
- Click Save for the Email Address column. The column in your import file that contains email addresses will be automatically matched.
- Click Next to review your final import settings.
- On the You're all set to import screen, review the settings for your import. We'll display the method you chose for your import and the number of columns you matched. You can click Details to view which columns you matched to fields in your list, or Edit to make changes.
- After you've reviewed your settings, click Import.
- Open Lists & Subscribers.
- Click on a list name to open the list details page, then click Add new subscribers in the right sidebar.
- To import a file, either drag-and-drop it from your desktop or click the option to Select it from your computer instead, as pictured below:
- Match the subscriber details with your subscriber list fields.
- Click Finish adding subscribers to complete the import.
- From the Audience page, click the Manage imports button. From the import page, click Import contacts on the top-right.
- Upload your file by either dragging it into the box displayed, or by clicking Choose file to select a file from your computer.
- Choose how you want us to handle any email addresses found in the file you’ve uploaded that are already associated with contacts in your audience. You can choose to leave existing contacts alone and just add new contacts from your file.
- Map your fields by following the directions on the page. To help you get a head start on mapping your fields, we're automatically running the "Guess" function here to speed up the field mapping process. We're using some fancy logic to anticipate if your file has a header row and will pre-check the Skip box to ignore that header row in most cases. When you’ve finished mapping your fields, click Continue
- Create a new group for your import or select an existing group in your audience. Click Continue. Once you've reviewed your import summary, click Import to start the process.
- Navigate to your existing list.
- Click Manage List and then Import from file.
- Drag and drop your file or upload it from your computer.
- Review the columns in your file, then click Start import.